We started at the splash pad so that the boys could get nice and wet before we walked around. But only Parker and McKay wanted to get wet. All Dallin wanted to do was eat snacks. I should be used to that by now, but it still bugs me. So Dallin and Cannon just sat on the bench watching and eating snacks and Sophie slept in the stroller. I wish I could have gotten her wet too, I'm sure she was pretty warm.


After the splash pad we walked around and looked at the animals. We headed up the Africa Trail and I was surprised that we were able to see both the tiger and lions. It seems like it's not very often that they're both out. Parker was a great helper for Cannon. He would lift him up to see the animals and held his hand as we walked along the path.

Then we stopped for lunch and cooled off a bit before we started down the trail again. We passed through the area where the bear lives and I was surprised to see him out too. The boys always have to have their picture taken on this cool stone frog. It turned out so cute!

As we headed to the exit Dallin just kept saying "I want to leave now!" over and over and over. But, he stopped long enough to look at the giant lizard, the tortoises, and the elephants on our way out.

I loved having a membership to the zoo when the kids were younger and not going to school all day long. Now it's not as practical since we're pretty limited on the times we can go. It was nice to get back and see the animals again and the kids really did have a fun time.

No comments:
Post a Comment